Thanks to a friend who hosted a Pinterest party last weekend, I was able to finish a pair of cribsheets and a boppy cover for Baby #2 last weekend! And because last weekend was so productive, I felt motivated to tackle another project for Z that has been on my to-do list for awhile. I've been wanting to make a teepee like the ones I've seen on a bunch of different blogs over the last couple years. So I finally just hunkered down today...and with the help of my hubby...got it done! Here are some pictures of the finished projects!
The fabric I had was not wide enough so I had to add additional fabric to increase the width. I didn't have enough of the fabric I wanted to use for the sheet below, so I improvised and figured the mismatched fabric wouldn't show when I put it on the crib mattress.
I finished another sewing project... that I started in January 2012. Yep, that's 2012, not 2013. It was a busy 2012, what can I say? :) Anyways, I'm glad that it fits Z despite my delay. This is the first time I've worked with interfacing and buttonholes! So it was definitely a challenge.
This is the way that Z styled the shirt :) With my boots and a basket full of Disney characters.
A picture of the back:
Close up pics of the front:
Hopefully I won't take more than a year to post my next project!
Finally finished another project for Z. I was really excited to make this dress because I picked up my early Christmas present on Black Friday: a serger! This is a game changer, folks. :) I love that I'm able to cleanly finish clothing with overlock stitches. And make rolled hems. And sew knit fabrics. Yay!!
So a lot of people have been wearing these circle scarves from American Apparel. I think that they're super cute, but a little expensive at $28.00. One thing that's great about them is the multiple ways you can wear them (although I'm not sure that i would wear it as a dress or a shirt...).
Anyways, I had some jersey fabric that I picked up more than a year ago, so I thought that I would put it to good use and look for instructions on how to make the scarf online. As usual, google did not disappoint. I found a great BurdaStyle tutorial here. Here is the finished product!
And pics of a few of the ways you can wear it. Forgive me for the poor picture quality...my hands shake when taking pictures!
This is a simple project that took only about 30 minutes to complete.
I finished my third sewing project for Z! I picked up this purple fabric and pattern this past summer but never had a chance to put the dress together until this weekend. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. One thing that's great about this pattern and the coat I made previously is that, due to the lining, both the inside and outside of the piece looks finished and clean.
This was my first time attempting a ruffle. I think that if I make this dress again in the future I will make the ruffle a little bit thicker, and in a contrasting color.
Apparently, yesterday while the hubs and I were out enjoying our date night, Z after going number 2, communicated with her grandpa (using gestures, pointing and grunts) that she needed to be changed. She pointed to her room where the changing pad is, commanding that her grandpa follow her, then proceeded to walk into her room, lay herself down on the changing pad, and wait for her grandpa to change her diaper. This is amazing considering that, for the majority of her diaper changes with the hubs and me, she is writhing as if in pain. It usually requires both the hubs and me to change her together. He holds her down while I clean her up as quickly as possible.
The hubs is very excited about this new development bc he thinks that it's an indication that she may be ready to be potty trained. I've been waiting for her to do the same thing with me today, but no luck yet. :p
On a different note, I really have to do a better job of recording some of the funny/adorable things Z has been doing these days before I forget. Especially when it comes to milestones like sleeping through the night (it took 6 long months before this happened), crawling (in July), walking (she started a couple days before her first birthday), feeding herself snacks (she started this only in the last month)...
I have seen pictures of various wreaths made out of yarn on several blogs recently and fell in love with one that was created by Take Heart. The link and diy instructions to her wreath is here.
It looked like a project that would be simple and easy to complete in a short amount of time. Which at the time was perfect for me at that moment--it would satisfy my craft craving during a busy season where I didn't have much time for crafting. I'm happy with the way it turned out!