Sunday, October 16, 2011

New blouse for Z

So I decided to try sewing a blouse for Z as my next sewing project. I used another pattern from ManiMina and less than a yard of fabric that I bought months ago but never had a chance to use. Here is the finished product!

P1020693 - Copy - Copy

I've also started making hair pins for Z. So much fun and so quick to make. Here is a red one that I put together to match with her blouse:

P1020695 - Copy

There are so many different ways to make felt flowers. Here is a pinterest page that posts links to several different felt flower tutorials. You can also find more tutorials here and here.

Here is Z in her new outfit!

P1020687 - Copy - Copy

In this picture, Z is also wearing a handmade vest that was handed down to her from her auntie S. S's grandmother knitted it for Auntie S when she was close to Z's age.

P1020684 - Copy - Copy

The last two photos were taken at Spring Valley Park in Schaumburg, IL. It's a 135 acre park/nature sanctuary (with hiking trails and a lake)/working farm (complete with pigs, cows and horses) in the middle of the suburbs. I grew up close to this area and never knew this park existed! It's a beautiful park, and a great place to take the kids for a few hours on a beautiful day. (And it's free!) Z, the hubs and I, made the trip with my cousin and her husband and had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment